The NAIOP Toronto Real Estate Scholarship
We are excited to announce the launch of our student scholarship!
To encourage students to enter the Canadian commercial real estate industry, three (3) scholarships each consisting of $2,000 CDN and a one-year complimentary student membership to NAIOP Greater Toronto Chapter may be awarded to a full-time student who has an intention to pursue a career in commercial real estate in the Greater Toronto Area.
Learn more about the 2022 application process below.
Applicants must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Enrolled in the last two years of a post-secondary undergraduate program or the last year of a post-secondary graduate program;
- Demonstrated interest in and plans to pursue a career in the commercial real estate industry in the Greater Toronto Area;
- Demonstrated community involvement, which may include school activities;
- Superior academic achievement; and
- Must be a Canadian citizen or Canadian permanent resident. Candidates may be citizens of countries other than Canada but must be a Canadian permanent resident.
Submit the following to the NAIOP Scholarship Selection Committee via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 5:00 p.m. (EST) on February 18, 2022:
- A completed application form (linked below) (handwritten forms are not accepted);
- Current resume;
- One confidential recommendation from a faculty member, employer, volunteer supervisor or academic advisor;
- Statement of purpose, maximum 500 words, that clearly describes your academic and professional goals, and your intent to have a career in commercial real estate in the Greater Toronto Area;
- Verification of enrolment from the registrar of the applicable academic institution at the time of making application for the scholarship; and
- Transcripts of grades for all post-secondary institutions, with an explanation of the grading system with each transcript submitted. Scanned copies of original transcripts are acceptable, however screenshots of unofficial transcripts are not acceptable.
- All non-English documents must be translated into English.
- All application materials must be received in a single package by the NAIOP Scholarship Selection Committee by the Deadline. Articles, pamphlets, books or other publications are not requested and will not be considered.
- None of the scholarship application materials received will be returned to the applicants.
- By submitting an application, you consent to our using your name, province and school on our website and in our communications
- Recipients are not permitted to defer the scholarship award.
- Application packages must be emailed to email@example.com and received by the Deadline.
- The NAIOP Scholarship Selection Committee will review applications submitted and determine whether any of the applicants meet the scholarship criteria set out herein.
- The NAIOP Scholarship Selection Committee may conduct interview(s) of selected potential scholarship recipients.
What Is the Timetable for the Current Year?
Applications and all accompanying materials received by NAIOP
February 18, 2022
Distribution of Scholarship Funds
before March 31, 2022
The information provided by scholarship applicants will be used by the NAIOP Scholarship Selection Committee to assess whether the applicant has satisfied the scholarship criteria and for selecting the scholarship recipients, and the information provided by the applicants will be disclosed to the NAIOP Scholarship Selection Committee, the NAIOP Board of Directors and designated representatives of the organization.