Menkes Developments Ltd. is an award-winning, fully integrated real estate company involved in the construction, ownership and management of office, industrial, retail and residential properties. Founded in 1954, the company is one of the largest private developers in Canada, with a primary focus in the Greater Toronto Area. Menkes is known for its innovative, multi-disciplinary approach and superior design, and is highly regarded as one of the most trusted builders in Toronto, with a strong reputation for quality and customer service excellence. For more information about Menkes, please visit menkes.com and follow us @MenkesLife.
ABOUT THE JOB: The primary purpose of the role is to prepare internal and external management reports using a variety of financial analysis and modeling methods.
RESPONSIBILITIES: On a day-to-day basis, the key responsibilities of the Financial Analyst include but are not limited to:
1. Understand reporting expectations of Senior Management and Executive levels and ensure that reports are accurate, timely and relevant.
2. Collect data for the preparation of management reports for assigned projects and properties, using the ERP system and working with stakeholder groups including Development, Sales & Marketing, Sales Administration, Construction, Planning and Property Management.
3. Prepare financial analysis/modeling including compiling underlying documentation of appraisals, valuations, cash flow projections, engineering and environmental reports and preparing the documentation for review by Senior Management.
4. Analyze data to determine present and future financial performance of projects and portfolios.
5. Develop and maintain models used for the creation of pro formas and valuations.
6. Analyze NER calculations using lease data.
7. Review operating expenses and provide analyses of budgeted versus actual.
8. Support the due diligence process including the creation and maintenance of documentation.
9. Assist with the creation of pitch books, presentations and materials for acquisition/disposition transactions.
10. Source, track and maintain market data intelligence.
11. Act as a key member of the Team working on special ad hoc projects, presentations and initiatives related to current and prospective developments.
QUALIFICATIONS: To succeed, candidates must possess the following combination of education, experience and skills:
- Completion of an undergraduate degree in Business Administration, Economics, Finance or a relevant discipline – an MBA would be highly desirable.
- Experience in the Canadian real estate market in the capacity of an Analyst or Researcher is an asset.
- Advanced level of proficiency in creating financial models through the use of Excel.
- Working knowledge of ERP systems, e.g. JDE EntepriseOne is an asset.
- Evaluative – Superior analytical skills with the ability to communicate well in writing.
- Investigative – a quick learner with an interest in identifying ways to improve.
- Structured – Organized, with the ability to plan and work at a fast pace; and
- Driven – focused on making things happen, identifying business opportunities and achieving outstanding results.
We offer a competitive compensation package and the opportunity to work with an industry leader.
To apply, please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and in the subject line please include the name of the following: Financial Analyst – Ref #2022-541. We thank all applicants for considering Menkes Developments Ltd. as an Employer of Choice, however only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com