Website Oxford Properties
We are active investors, asset managers & builders of businesses
We are looking for a highly motivated Vice President, Construction to join our Industrial Development team in Canada. The role will be based out of Toronto.
You will be a key member of an engaged, high-reaching team—part of a world-class, winning culture that prioritizes people development and focuses on long-term growth. We take great pride in leading the industry by earning respect through every interaction, every day. We go above and beyond to protect and grow relationships by anticipating needs, being honest and considerate and valuing customers as genuine partners.
This role will be accountable for driving the strategic vision and direction of the Construction team. You will be responsible for co-leading ongoing industrial development projects driving all construction capital spend by closely monitoring all construction activities, including design review, budgets and actual spend, logistics, procurement, contracts, construction progress and timing:
• Providing strategic leadership and expertise while overseeing the construction strategy and objectives.
• Leading the selection of and contracting for general contractors, construction managers, and other third party consultants for each project through a formal RFP process.
• Coordination of all construction documents and approval of specifications and confirmation to program requirements with stakeholders.
• Ensure compliance with corporate policies as well as Health and Safety legislation pertaining to tendering and award of all construction related activities from inception to completion within department’s mandate.
• Leading our team to establish and manage construction program schedules, quality and costs standard; assisting in the analysis of potential future ground up development in the Toronto and Vancouver markets.
• Participating in the preliminary and final bid and procurement process to manage all construction costs, assist in the review and approval of construction drawings and specifications.
• Providing leadership and foster open communication for effective program implementation to realize project goals.
• Interfacing with various City Agency’s having jurisdiction over the construction operations such as Building Department, Public Works, Community Development Groups, Fire Department, etc., to assist with acquiring conditions of approval, permits, inspections and building certificate of occupancy.
• Attending regularly scheduled project meetings including OAC, Design, Procurement, Construction and Logistics to ensure open collaborative engagement and communication between all stakeholders.
• Preparing of monthly development status reports providing updates on program progress.
• Performing site walks – through inspections of all project programs to insure accurate schedule management.
• Interfacing with architects/design team, contractors and other project stakeholders.
• Overseeing all decisions and process related to construction contracts, selection of sub-contractors, vendors, consultants and other third-party suppliers.
• Assist with the development of departmental budgets, business cases, and financial models to support strategy development, ad hoc analysis and resource requirements necessary to meet departmental needs.
• Assist with the implementation of capital projects and preparation of budgets including feasibility studies as required.
• Manage talent through coaching/mentoring and provide structured & timely feedback to direct reports, identifying development needs and delivering solutions.
• Influence a positive working environment and culture.
• College Diploma or Technical Degree (BA, MBA, Engineer or Planning/Development is preferred).
• A minimum of 15 years of experience in industrial/retail/office/residential project management with progressive responsibilities. While preference will be given to candidates with industrial experience, it is not a requirement.
• Advanced PC skills (MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
• AutoCad expertise is preferred.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Good organizational and analytical skills.
To apply for this job please visit omers.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com.