Website Ivanhoé Cambridge
YOU HAVE EVERYTHING TO GAIN!
Ivanhoé Cambridge develops and invests in high-quality real estate properties, projects and companies that are shaping the urban fabric in dynamic cities around the world. It does so responsibly, with a view to generate long-term performance. Ivanhoé Cambridge is committed to creating living spaces that foster the well-being of people and communities, while reducing its environmental footprint.
Ivanhoé Cambridge invests internationally alongside strategic partners and major real estate f unds that are leaders in their markets. Through subsidiaries and partnerships, the Company holds interests in more than 1,100 buildings, primarily in the industrial and logistics, office, residential and retail sectors. Ivanhoé Cambridge held close to C$70 billion in real estate assets as at December 31, 2021 and is a real estate subsidiary of the Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (cdpq.com), one of Canada’s leading institutional fund managers. For more information: ivanhoecambridge.com.
The North American Leasing & Development (Office & Industrial) is responsible for all development activities, including the acquisition of land for current and future development, management of development projects and disposition of completed projects. Its mandate is to identify investment opportunities that will generate higher long-term returns for the Company.
In this position, you will assist the members of the team with real estate acquisition and disposition transactions, lease scenario analysis and management of development operations for North American projects.
Investments in Development:
- Support the preparation of investment project analyses, including detailed financial analyses, during the investment/Development transaction process;
- Support the initial underwriting for investment/Development projects and vet opportunities;
- Serve as a resource and coordinate transaction operations with internal and external stakeholders;
- Contribute actively to the due diligence process, the preparation of presentations and the draf ting of investment proposal reports for various internal committees.
- Support development management operations for developments as required;
- As requested, assist financial, operational and strategic reviews to improve developments performance;
- Play an active role in the day-to-day management of these assets with a view to maximizing returns while ensuring operations are in line with the development proforma;
- Monitor the progress of business plans and the budget process, carry out financial & lease scenario analyses, review monthly & quarterly financial reports and recommend initiatives designed to increase profitability;
- Process monthly cash calls and update internal budget on a quarterly basis.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field;
- One to three years of relevant experience in financial analysis, asset management, real estate transactions and/or commercial development;
- Professional designation is an asset (CFA/fully accredited appraiser);
- Knowledge of commercial real estate and related documentation;
- Excellent written and spoken English; strong report writing skills (French an asset);
- Advanced proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, and Argus;
- Solid information processing & interpersonal skills;
- An ambitious team player with a positive attitude;
- Ability to perform under pressure and meet tight deadlines;
- Available to travel, sometimes on short notice;
- Available to work flexible hours.
YOU HAVE EVERYTHING TO GAIN!
When you join the Ivanhoé Cambridge team, you are eligible for employment ben efits and a pension plan that are among the best in the industry. Our many health and wellness programs encourage you to balance your work and personal lives and fulfil your desire for social involvement, while maintaining a healthy lifestyle. At Ivanhoé Cambridge, you will have many opportunities to develop your skills and thrive professionally, in Can ada or elsewhere in the world.
Ivanhoé Cambridge’s commitment to diversity and inclusion spans the breadth of its operations. Accommodations are available upon req uest for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We take pride in creating a working environment where everyone is set up for success. Please advise us of any accommodations need ed to ensure you have access to a fair and eq uitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially .
To apply for this job please visit tre.tbe.taleo.net.