Unrivaled Access. Unmatched Results.
Purpose of Position
The Financial Analyst is responsible for providing exceptional analytical support to the Institutional Property Advisors team and their clients. He or she will work primarily in the areas of financial and market analysis, valuation and in the preparation of relevant presentation material for pitches, proposals and CIMs (Confidential Information Memorandum).
Summary of Essential Job Functions
Financial and Market Analysis
- Performs financial and cost analyses (e.g. cash-flow, rent roll and lease analyses, IRR calculations) and prepares related reports.
- Analyzes property values relative to market conditions through research of recent sale comparables.
- Conduct extensive financial modelling through Argus Enterprise and Excel.
- Researches, extracts and maintains transactions database on all major asset classes.
- Researches and develops assumptions required for the development of values such as market rent, growth rates and leasing costs.
- Develops opinions and recommendations on potential investment sale opportunities through analysis of various inputs that affect overall value and liquidity of assets.
- May liaise with municipalities to confirm land use designations, development service charges, and existing services.
- Identifies factors that may materially affect value and liquidity of an asset.
Proposals, Pitches and CIMs
- Plays a key role in providing relevant data and financial analysis in support of proposals and pitches.
- Provides relevant content to marketing materials including CIMs (Confidential Information Memorandum).
- Involved in the collaboration and execution of all required tasks (including ad hoc projects) in an organized and timely manner.
- A post-secondary degree in real estate finance, commerce/business/economics or related fields.
- Progression towards real estate license (preferred).
- Must be detail-oriented and organized; possesses outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in the commercial real estate sector or a related industry is an asset.
- Exceptional analytical and critical thinking skills; ability to analyze a range of possibilities and scenarios.
- Exceptional interpersonal and presentation skills; is comfortable interacting with people from a variety of backgrounds.
- High level of energy and initiative.
- A highly motivated and quick learner.
Why Join Institutional Property Advisors (IPA)?
Institutional Property Advisors, a division of Marcus and Millichap, is one of the leading commercial real estate brokerage firms in North America. You will be joining a reputable and highly cohesive team with a strong, proven track record in institutional and private investment sales. As part of the IPA team, you will be exposed to the many faucets of a commercial real estate investment transaction and gain a tremendous amount of knowledge and technical abilities. You will have the opportunity to gain exposure and build relationships with major vendors and purchasers of Canadian commercial real estate, while establishing yourself as a real estate professional in the industry.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org