Website Fengate Asset Management
Fengate Asset Management is an investment management firm specializing in originating and managing investments in the infrastructure, real estate, and private equity sectors. Fengate Asset Management is a subsidiary of Fengate Corporation, which began operations in 1974. The Firm’s operations encompass asset management, real estate and infrastructure development, and private equity investments across North America and international markets.
Fengate Asset Management possesses extensive experience in evaluating and executing investments in the real estate sector. The firm has executed over 60 investments, including acquisitions and new developments, representing an enterprise value of over $8+ billion.
As Assistant Property Manager, you will be reporting to the Property Manager and be responsible for assisting with the overall management and administration of a portfolio of commercial properties in the GTA and surrounding areas.
- Provide strategic recommendations on property operations, capital planning, and major repairs by conducting regular property inspections;
- Develop strong professional relationships with tenants and vendors through exceptional customer service;
- Tender, supervise and maintain all service contracts;
- Report and manage actual vs budget variance analysis on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis;
- Ensure property accounting, receivables, and collection of all rental income are completed in a timely and effective manner;
- Work closely with the Leasing team and Construction Services to assist with Leasing, Landlord Work, Tenant Leasehold Improvements, and Capital Project Management;
- Implement property management best practices and programs to maintain the property at the highest standard, ensure a safe environment and add value to tenant experience, and support a customer service model designed to provide high levels of Tenant and client satisfaction.
- Working towards any designation such as CPM, RPA is considered an asset;
- 3+ years of experience managing primarily commercial real estate;
- High school diploma or equivalent is required. Bachelor’s degree is preferred;
- Good working knowledge of building construction and the Ontario Building Code;
- Ability to manage the day-to-day operation of commercial properties including experience with the management of capital projects;
- Ability to deal in a stressful, time-sensitive environment and meet deadlines;
- Ability to learn complex items quickly;
- Strong communication skills, oral, non-verbal, and written;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Yardi software experience would be an asset;
- Good presentation skills (both written and verbal) and positive attitude with attention to detail;
- Ability to lead through example and relate to people at various levels;
- Committed to the customer service of all tenants, contractors, and internal and external stakeholders;
- Requires natural enthusiasm and ambition;
- Must be analytical with strong financial acumen and a natural tendency toward critical thinking.
CORE FENGATE COMPETENCIES
- Business Focus and Strategic Thinking: You display an understanding of Fengate’s as well as the investment project’s business and strategy. You recognize and reinforce how Fengate differentiates itself in the marketplace.
- Teamwork and Collaboration: You are approachable and supportive of team members and go above and beyond normal duties to make the team and Fengate successful. You actively participate in team activities and projects.
- Driving for Results: You take initiative to manage your work and performance and do not require close supervision. You consistently produce high quality output.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making: You recognize challenges and opportunities and determine whether action is needed and prioritize situation in terms of impact.
- Communication: Clear, concise and directly communicate ideas, information and directions both verbally and in writing.
PERFORMANCE METRICS AND COMPENSATION
Compensation will be composed of a base salary, performance bonus, and complete benefits package subject to experience.
We are committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position; however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org