Website CMLS Financial
Associate, National Advisory
Vancouver, BC or Toronto, ON
CMLS Financial is looking for an Associate or Senior Associate to join its growing National Advisory team. Reporting to the Associate Vice President, National Advisory, the Associate will be responsible for supporting the capital markets client execution services.
The CMLS National Advisory division supports real estate investors, developers and owners seeking full market exposure and deal execution through a trusted advisor. Working coast to coast and together with our strategic partnership in New York, we represent clients by sourcing and securing the most favourable capital solutions custom tailored for their unique specifications. The team focuses on initiatives across the real estate spectrum including but not limited to, Structured Finance, Real Asset Advisory & Disposition, Capital Markets Advisory, Debt Advisory, and Infrastructure & Alternative Assets Advisory.
You are a high achiever looking to thrive in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment working diligently in real estate financial analysis, modeling, and deal execution. You take pride in your own work but are comfortable collaborating with a team of highly motivated individuals. You can communicate clearly and concisely with teammates and clients, and you enjoy a strong company culture and camaraderie. You possess strong interpersonal skills and are willing to take on diverse tasks to achieve the team’s common goal. You value personal and professional growth and are ready to take the next step in advancing your career.
If this sounds like you, then you will love the culture in CMLS’ National Advisory Division.
About the Role
• Support all aspects of the National Advisory practice
• Lead Analyst team in the analysis and underwriting of deals, by reviewing due diligence and market data, providing to Associate VP for review and completion
• Generation of all marketing materials including comprehensive offering memorandums, providing to Associate VP for review and completion
• Produce financial models (using Argus and Excel) of varying complexity, including but not limited to detailed DCF/pro-forma projections, waterfall analysis, development, and financing models
• Lead Analyst team in the gathering and evaluation of economic, demographic, and real estate market data for input into project-specific deliverables
• Lead the preparation of presentation and pitch materials for new business pursuits
• Prepare research pieces for special events and presentations
• Identify, analyze, and support the pursuit of sell-side opportunities
• Assist with the daily management and workflow of the production pipeline
• Participate in client idea generation and strategy sessions
• Assist in reviewing legal documents
• Assist in ad-hoc work as required
This role is for you, if you have:
• 3-4+ years of experience in commercial real estate either in a finance, investment, or development capacity, and an excellent working knowledge of how differing capital structures affect returns
• Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Economics, Business Finance and/or Real Estate with a strong record of academic achievement and demonstrated quantitative skills
• Real Estate License and finance designation (CFA, CBV, CPA, etc.), considered an asset
• Solid understanding of real estate fundamentals, economic metrics, and research processes with the ability to apply that understanding to each specific asset class
• Ability to analyze qualitative and quantitative information and translate it into strategic deliverables
• Excellent problem-solving skills and mathematical aptitude
• Superior grammar and business writing skills
• Solid oral and written communication skills
• Strong proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint with experience in Argus considered an asset
• Demonstrated professionalism, judgment, and integrity in daily operations
• Proactive approach with the ability to take initiative and adapt to market and system changes
• Attention to detail and ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
• Ability to work independently and within a team on a wide variety of projects
• Ability to multi-task, work successfully under pressure and effectively manage time and workload
• Willingness and interest in working across multiple real estate sectors and geographies
• Professional, entrepreneurial, high-energy individual, with an aptitude to learn new concepts and software
Benefits and Perks
Some of the benefits we offer at CMLS are:
• Health and Wellness Spending Accounts
• Health, Drug, Vision, and Dental benefits
• Paid vacation, sick days, and personal days (in addition to all civil and statutory holidays)
• RRSP Matching Program
• Maternity / Parental Leave Top Up Program
• Discounted gym memberships
• Travel assistance and EAP
• Business Casual dress code
• Company social events + sport teams
• Hybrid work arrangements and telecommuting opportunities
• And more!
Who are we?
Established in 1974, CMLS Financial is the leading provider of capital solutions for commercial property owners, developers and real estate investors. We have over 45 years of experience, 20,000 clients, $25 billion in assets under administration , and offices coast to coast. Some of Canada’s most prominent banks, investment managers, insurance companies, and pension funds rely on CMLS Financial for a variety of critically important mortgage services. What sets us apart is our customer forward approach. Building on our solid foundation of financial strength and experience, we continue to deliver unparalleled capital solutions for all our clients needs.
About National Advisory
National Advisory, operating under the CMLS Advisory brand, was launched in the Spring of 2021 with a mission to help our clients achieve their objectives with custom-tailored capital solutions that meet their specific needs. CMLS Advisory encompasses five lines of business: debt advisory, private placements and structured finance, real asset advisory and dispositions, infrastructure financial advisory, and capital markets advisory.
You will love working here
Employees tell us that they love that we strike the balance in creating an incredibly professional, yet dynamic and enjoyable corporate culture. We work in a fluid and fast-paced environment that is supportive of energetic and motivated individuals who pride themselves on being flexible and results-driven. Our employees are able to gain valuable industry exposure, lots of learning opportunities, and truly impact the business. We are committed to providing our people with a challenging and rewarding career because our employees are what set us apart and we know it.
Equal Opportunity Employer
CMLS Financial is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We want to hear from you!
If you are confident that you would be a strong asset to our team, submit both a cover letter and resume today! We thank all applicants for their time in applying, however we will only contact those selected for an interview. Consideration of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.ca.