You are a high achiever looking to thrive in a fast-paced environment. You take pride in your own work but are comfortable collaborating with a team of highly motivated individuals. You can communicate clearly and concisely with teammates and clients, and you enjoy strong company culture and camaraderie. You can navigate multiple corporate functions, including global lines of service and corporate centers of excellence. You possess strong interpersonal skills and are willing to take on diverse tasks to achieve the team’s common goal. You value personal and professional growth and are ready to take the next step in advancing your career.
If this sounds like you, well, then you will love the culture at Avison Young!
Avison Young is a global commercial real estate brokerage and advisory firm, offering transaction, management, financial and consulting services. We’ve designed our corporate structure to best serve our clients by enhancing collaboration across our organization.
Real estate can have an enormous positive impact on people’s lives – and we’re in the business of making spaces and places work better for people. Our purpose is to create real economic, social and environmental value as a global real estate advisor, powered by people.
We care about each other and we have each other’s backs. This makes AY a great place to be a client, and a great place to work. We support the whole person and their complete wellness – economic, mental and physical – because what’s best for our business comes from our people bringing their whole selves to work.
Of course we love it here, but outsiders think we’re pretty great too: Avison Young was awarded the prestigious America’s Best Midsize Employers for 2022, presented by Forbes and Statista, Inc. We’re proud to be regularly recognized for our team, services and culture and our team members enjoy comprehensive compensation and benefit programs. Through our customized work options, we give our people the flexibility to create a work environment that puts their overall well-being first. After all, we are powered by people.
As a Senior Project Manager and member of the team, you will be expected to:
- Lead independently and collaboratively on projects to manage all aspects from the initial mandate award through to project closeout, including all elements in between without exception.
- Support team members, while working independently or as part of group projects.
- Create cross-collaboration with other Avison Young professionals, (i.e., Brokers, Sales Representatives etc).
- Provide best-in-class client-centric service, delivering quality projects on-time and on-budget.
- Manage 25,000-100,000 sf commercial office tenant or industrial projects.
- Mentor and support Project Managers, Assistant Project Managers, and Project Coordinators.
- Prepare project budgets and project schedules independently.
- Collaborate with, help guide, and manage project teams.
- Collaborate with and maintain professional relationships with clients through regular communication.
- Procure design professionals (e.g., architects, engineers, interior designers) on behalf of clients.
- Procure and oversee the construction manager or general contractor.
- Oversee the construction environment within the project’s parameters for health and safety, non-disruption of adjacent tenancies and landlord requirements of the lease.
- Procure furniture, fixtures and equipment (including systems furniture, audio visual, information technology and security systems) on behalf of clients.
- Coordinate the installation of furniture, fixtures and equipment (including system furniture, audio visual, information technology and security) with the building and construction environment.
- Provide move management.
- Proven ability to manage three to five projects at various stages at any one time.
- Proven ability to take on the responsibility for and manage projects end-to-end.
- Proven ability to create and manage a project budget and schedule.
- Able to support or step into larger projects, growing into a Project Director.
- Able, on occasion, to attend afterhours or weekend project activities or travel within or outside of Vancouver.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, including Power Point, Word, Excel and Project.
- Comfortable with cloud-based software and online file sharing.
- Exceptionally well organized, with time, money, and files.
- Self-motivated and self-organized.
- Attentive, responsive, proactive, and action oriented.
- High functioning in a fast-paced environment with ability to prioritize competing priorities.
- Effective listener and communicator.
- Innovative and entrepreneurial.
- Comfortable with both collaborative and solitary work.
- 10-12 years of experience.
- Experience being part of a team that is highly mobile.
- One of the following types of experience would be valuable: Construction Manager or Project Manager with a construction company, Facility Manager in a corporate facilities department, Project Manager with a property management company, office furniture dealer or manufacturer, or construction supplier.
- Undergraduate Business, Architecture, Engineering or Construction Management degree, relevant college diploma, or other similar training/course.
Our Equal Opportunity Commitment
Avison Young practices as an equal opportunity employer in all services locations around the world. We are committed to building and maintaining a workforce diverse in experience, skills and knowledge with uniformity in service excellence, commitment and integrity.
The firm maintains a strict policy to ensure employment opportunities are equal and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, protected veteran or military service status, or any other elements protected by law.
For those requiring assistance with disabilities, information relating to the need for accommodation and accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
Avison Young is committed to employing the best talent with the most fair and equitable recruitment practices. Apply with us TODAY!
To apply for this job please visit canada-english-avisonyoung.icims.com.