You are a high achiever looking to thrive in a fast-paced environment. You take pride in your own work but are comfortable collaborating with a team of highly motivated individuals. You can communicate clearly and concisely with teammates and clients, and you enjoy strong company culture and camaraderie. You can navigate multiple corporate functions, including global lines of service and corporate centers of excellence. You possess strong interpersonal skills and are willing to take on diverse tasks to achieve the team’s common goal. You value personal and professional growth and are ready to take the next step in advancing your career.
If this sounds like you, well, then you will love the culture at Avison Young!
Avison Young is a global commercial real estate brokerage and advisory firm, offering transaction, management, financial and consulting services. We’ve designed our corporate structure to best serve our clients by enhancing collaboration across our organization.
Real estate can have an enormous positive impact on people’s lives – and we’re in the business of making spaces and places work better for people. Our purpose is to create real economic, social and environmental value as a global real estate advisor, powered by people.
We care about each other and we have each other’s backs. This makes AY a great place to be a client, and a great place to work. We support the whole person and their complete wellness – economic, mental and physical – because what’s best for our business comes from our people bringing their whole selves to work.
Avison Young’s Corporate Accounting division is searching for a talented individual to join the team located in British Columbia. As a Corporate Controller, you will become an integral part of our corporate accounting group and will be completing a variety of accounting responsibilities for the British Columbia platform.
Region of responsibility is British Columbia
- Monitor the financial performance and manage accounting processes of the region.
- Manage and review all supporting financial schedules to ensure balances are current and appropriate.
- Review GL details for accuracy and completeness, including but not limited to reconciling revenue, reconciling commission expense and verifying proper coding of direct expenses.
- Prepare monthly financial statements with variance comments, adhering to strict reporting deadlines.
- Work closely with Managing Directors; communicate financial results and other financial metrics regularly; provide information as requested for special projects.
- Responsible for Accounts Receivables and Other Receivables, including Employee chargebacks and Draws.
- Manage and review payroll information, including weekly commission payments.
- Ensure compliance with real estate regulations related to Trade Records, Trust accounts and commission payments.
- Prepare annual operating and CAPEX budget as well as provide reforecasts as required.
- Support quarterly and year end audit requirements.
- Ensure that all tax payment obligations are met for region. Includes tax installments, payroll source deduction remittances, GST returns, WCB, etc.
- Provide information for tax, legal and regulatory requirements as requested.
- Participate in improvement initiatives around internal controls and system processes.
- Special projects as assigned.
- Professional recognized accounting designation with minimum 5 years of relevant experience.
- Strong knowledge in financial and operational reporting and analysis.
- Advanced Excel knowledge.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Highly organized, able to multi-task and manage time effectively in a demanding fast-paced environment.
Our Equal Opportunity Commitment
Avison Young practices as an equal opportunity employer in all services locations around the world. We are committed to building and maintaining a workforce diverse in experience, skills and knowledge with uniformity in service excellence, commitment and integrity.
The firm maintains a strict policy to ensure employment opportunities are equal and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, protected veteran or military service status, or any other elements protected by law.
For those requiring assistance with disabilities, information relating to the need for accommodation and accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
Avison Young is committed to employing the best talent with the most fair and equitable recruitment practices. Apply with us TODAY!
To apply for this job please visit canada-english-avisonyoung.icims.com.