You are a high achiever looking to thrive in a fast-paced environment. You take pride in your own work but are comfortable collaborating with a team of highly motivated individuals. You can communicate clearly and concisely with teammates and clients, and you enjoy strong company culture and camaraderie. You can navigate multiple corporate functions, including global lines of service and corporate centers of excellence. You possess strong interpersonal skills and are willing to take on diverse tasks to achieve the team’s common goal. You value personal and professional growth and are ready to take the next step in advancing your career.
If this sounds like you, well, then you will love the culture at Avison Young!
Avison Young is a global commercial real estate brokerage and advisory firm, offering transaction, management, financial and consulting services. We’ve designed our corporate structure to best serve our clients by enhancing collaboration across our organization.
Real estate can have an enormous positive impact on people’s lives – and we’re in the business of making spaces and places work better for people. Our purpose is to create real economic, social and environmental value as a global real estate advisor, powered by people.
We care about each other and we have each other’s backs. This makes Avison Young a great place to be a client, and a great place to work. We support the whole person and their complete wellness – economic, mental and physical – because what’s best for our business comes from our people bringing their whole selves to work.
Of course we love it here, but outsiders think we’re pretty great too: Avison Young was awarded the prestigious America’s Best Midsize Employers for 2022, presented by Forbes and Statista, Inc. We’re proud to be regularly recognized for our team, services and culture and our team members enjoy comprehensive compensation and benefit programs. Through our customized work options, we give our people the flexibility to create a work environment that puts their overall well-being first. After all, we are powered by people.
The Avison Young Toronto Downtown office is seeking a Junior Real Estate Investment Analyst, able to work in a fast paced, multi-tasking environment with the Capital Markets Team.
- Produce financial models (using Argus and Excel) of varying complexity, including but not limited to detailed cash-flow/pro-forma projections and development models
- Assist with deal structuring and scheduling and communicating with clients and internal stakeholders
- Gather and evaluate economic, demographic and real estate market data for input into project specific deliverables
- Write proposals and offering materials for new or existing assignments and pursuits utilizing effective work planning capabilities
- Assist with preparation of presentation and pitch materials for new business pursuits
- Prepare research pieces for special events and presentations
- Conduct market surveys including sales and lease comparables
- Identify, analyze and support the pursuit of brokerage opportunities
- Assist with the daily management and workflow of the production pipeline
- Assist in reviewing legal documents such as leases, loans, and engagement letters
- Assist in ad-hoc work as required
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Economics, Business Finance and/or Real Estate with a strong record of academic achievement and demonstrated quantitative skills
- Understanding of real estate fundamentals, economic metrics and research processes
- Ability to analyze qualitative and quantitative information and translate into strategic deliverables
- Superior grammar and business writing skills
- Strong proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint with experience in Argus considered an asset
- Attention to detail and ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work independently and within a team on a wide variety of projects
- Ability to multi-task, work successfully under pressure and effectively manage time and workload
- Professional, entrepreneurial, high-energy individual, with aptitude to learn new concepts and software
- 1-2 years of work experience in commercial real estate would be considered an asset
Our Equal Opportunity Commitment
Avison Young practices as an equal opportunity employer in all services locations around the world. We are committed to building and maintaining a workforce diverse in experience, skills and knowledge with uniformity in service excellence, commitment and integrity.
The firm maintains a strict policy to ensure employment opportunities are equal and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, protected veteran or military service status, or any other elements protected by law.
For those requiring assistance with disabilities, information relating to the need for accommodation and accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
Avison Young is committed to employing the best talent with the most fair and equitable recruitment practices. Apply with us TODAY!
To apply for this job please visit canada-english-avisonyoung.icims.com.