You are a high achiever looking to thrive in a fast-paced environment. You take pride in your own work but are comfortable collaborating with a team of highly motivated individuals. You can communicate clearly and concisely with teammates and clients, and you enjoy strong company culture and camaraderie. You can navigate multiple corporate functions, including global lines of service and corporate centers of excellence. You possess strong interpersonal skills and are willing to take on diverse tasks to achieve the team’s common goal. You value personal and professional growth and are ready to take the next step in advancing your career.
If this sounds like you, well, then you will love the culture at Avison Young!
Avison Young is a global commercial real estate brokerage and advisory firm, offering transaction, management, financial and consulting services. We’ve designed our corporate structure to best serve our clients by enhancing collaboration across our organization.
Real estate can have an enormous positive impact on people’s lives – and we’re in the business of making spaces and places work better for people. Our purpose is to create real economic, social and environmental value as a global real estate advisor, powered by people.
We care about each other and we have each other’s backs. This makes AY a great place to be a client, and a great place to work. We support the whole person and their complete wellness – economic, mental and physical – because what’s best for our business comes from our people bringing their whole selves to work.
The Global Enterprise Architecture & data team is seeking an enthusiastic and talented Master Data Management Specialist to drive our MDM & Data Governance programmes and help extend our technical capabilities and solutions across our enterprise. You will play a critical role in leading our MDM programme over the next 18 months. Initially, you will engage with our key Real Estate Product, CRM, Finance and Human Resources stakeholders and gain a deep understanding of / defining their future MDM needs. You guide the selection of our future MDM platforms working with vendors to implement in an an agile environment. Moving forward, you will look to build a team around you and drive the MDM & Data Governance function within the business. You will aim to empower business teams to drive and manage their own data quality and embed a data mindset within key departments across the organization. This is a great role for an individual with an in-depth understanding of and passion for MDM, who is looking to develop their career and work on a strategic programme on a global scale. It’s a unique opportunity to take real ownership of the MDM function and work to build and first-class team in the future.
- Design and launch master data integration program for Avison Young while setting directions on program approach and delivery plan
- Develop master data vision, define roadmaps & create product requirements
- Drive data classification, cataloging and data quality assessment across different systems
- Create and Maintain data definitions, data glossary in the appropriate data catalog
- Define a unified cross-functional master data strategy that aligns with business goals and lays the foundation for enterprise-wide digital transformations
- Develop the process and support structure (Data Stewards) to manage master data
- Securing all confidential configuration and documentation
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems/Technology, Computer Science, any of the Engineering disciplines, or a related field from an accredited college/university
- Proven success in roles managing teams that design and develop Master Data Management (MDM) solutions including strategy, governance strategy, data profiling, data quality, and architecture
- Deep understanding of business processes and their interdependencies
- People management experience
- Ability to Influence key executives and stakeholders across the organization, not limited to Industry, engineering, product, partner and services teams.
- Experience in leading and supporting technical colleagues through either direct or indirect management
- Commercial Real Estate background is desired but not required
- Ability to travel on an as needed basis
Our Equal Opportunity Commitment
Avison Young practices as an equal opportunity employer in all services locations around the world. We are committed to building and maintaining a workforce diverse in experience, skills and knowledge with uniformity in service excellence, commitment and integrity.
The firm maintains a strict policy to ensure employment opportunities are equal and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, protected veteran or military service status, or any other elements protected by law.
For those requiring assistance with disabilities, information relating to the need for accommodation and accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
Avison Young is committed to employing the best talent with the most fair and equitable recruitment practices. Apply with us TODAY!
To apply for this job please visit canada-english-avisonyoung.icims.com.