You are a high achiever looking to thrive in a fast-paced environment. You take pride in your own work but are comfortable collaborating with a team of highly motivated individuals. You can communicate clearly and concisely with teammates and clients, and you enjoy strong company culture and camaraderie. You can navigate multiple corporate functions, including global lines of service and corporate centers of excellence. You possess strong interpersonal skills and are willing to take on diverse tasks to achieve the team’s common goal. You value personal and professional growth and are ready to take the next step in advancing your career.
If this sounds like you, well, then you will love the culture at Avison Young!
Avison Young is a global commercial real estate brokerage and advisory firm, offering transaction, management, financial and consulting services. We’ve designed our corporate structure to best serve our clients by enhancing collaboration across our organization.
Real estate can have an enormous positive impact on people’s lives – and we’re in the business of making spaces and places work better for people. Our purpose is to create real economic, social and environmental value as a global real estate advisor, powered by people.
We care about each other and we have each other’s backs. This makes AY a great place to be a client, and a great place to work. We support the whole person and their complete wellness – economic, mental and physical – because what’s best for our business comes from our people bringing their whole selves to work.
As Director, Real Estate Consulting Canada, you will work with the Consulting Canada team (Real Estate & Infrastructure and Workplace) to provide professional services primarily in the Greater Toronto Area, and where opportunity permits across Canada. This role will be part of an ambitious team changing the way corporate occupiers make operational and real estate decisions. You will have a high level of autonomy to deliver and meet project requirements identified by our clients. You will be responsible for leading and being a member of project teams that assist corporate occupiers in addressing their real estate needs.
- Assist in preparing strategic plans, need assessment business plans and business case to meet client needs, defining and analyzing business cases, growth planning for capital projects, needs assessment and conducting options analysis.
- Determine the feasibility, risk and economics of real estate and infrastructure strategies and investment.
- Conduct financial analysis through the creation of financial models, provide detailed analysis to support business and investment decisions.
- Originate and develop new business through marketplace engagement, along with key networks.
- Strengthen existing client relationships, recruit, lead and coach team members.
- Work on and lead multi-disciplinary teams on a variety of projects, including coordination with other Avison Young service lines on the project team, consultants and contractors.
- Conducting benchmarking and best practice studies, perform research, and conduct data gathering and analysis.
- Provide strategic advice to clients to create value.
- Prepare reports for a broad variety of assignments.
- Contribute to a dedicated team of professionals in delivering advisory services to clients.
- Prepare proposals that respond to public procurements (i.e., RFx).
- University degree in Business Administration, Commerce, Finance, or a related mix of academic and practical experience. Management consulting experience considered an asset.
- Experience drafting strategies, business plans or cases, feasibility studies.
- Strong financial analytical skills, along with an understanding of real estate and redevelopment financial information.
- Strong sense of urgency to achieve timely, quality results.
- Ability to work independently, pro-active, yet work within a team environment.
- Ability to lead teams in a collaborative and inclusive environment.
- Excels in a dynamic and rapidly growing work environment, managing multiple assignments concurrently.
- Excellent relationship-building skills to interact with clients, colleagues, and external industry subject matter experts.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Strong verbal, writing and presentation skills with the ability to effectively interpret and present findings that provide value to clients.
- Ability to effectively influence positive client decisions.
- Ability and willingness to travel per client agreements.
Our Equal Opportunity Commitment
Avison Young practices as an equal opportunity employer in all services locations around the world. We are committed to building and maintaining a workforce diverse in experience, skills and knowledge with uniformity in service excellence, commitment and integrity.
The firm maintains a strict policy to ensure employment opportunities are equal and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, protected veteran or military service status, or any other elements protected by law.
For those requiring assistance with disabilities, information relating to the need for accommodation and accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
Avison Young is committed to employing the best talent with the most fair and equitable recruitment practices. Apply with us TODAY!
To apply for this job please visit canada-english-avisonyoung.icims.com.