You are a high achiever looking to thrive in a fast-paced environment. You take pride in your own work but are comfortable collaborating with a team of highly motivated individuals. You can communicate clearly and concisely with teammates and clients, and you enjoy strong company culture and camaraderie. You can navigate multiple corporate functions, including global lines of service and corporate centers of excellence. You possess strong interpersonal skills and are willing to take on diverse tasks to achieve the team’s common goal. You value personal and professional growth and are ready to take the next step in advancing your career.
If this sounds like you, well, then you will love the culture at Avison Young!
Avison Young is a global commercial real estate brokerage and advisory firm, offering transaction, management, financial and consulting services. We’ve designed our corporate structure to best serve our clients by enhancing collaboration across our organization.
Real estate can have an enormous positive impact on people’s lives – and we’re in the business of making spaces and places work better for people. Our purpose is to create real economic, social and environmental value as a global real estate advisor, powered by people.
We care about each other and we have each other’s backs. This makes Avison Young a great place to be a client, and a great place to work. We support the whole person and their complete wellness – economic, mental and physical – because what’s best for our business comes from our people bringing their whole selves to work.
Of course we love it here, but outsiders think we’re pretty great too: Avison Young was awarded the prestigious America’s Best Midsize Employers for 2022, presented by Forbes and Statista, Inc. We’re proud to be regularly recognized for our team, services and culture and our team members enjoy comprehensive compensation and benefit programs. Through our customized work options, we give our people the flexibility to create a work environment that puts their overall well-being first. After all, we are powered by people.
- Coordinate, manage and provide administrative support on all HR matters including, but not limited to, onboarding, offboarding, training, benefits, leave administration, referral programs and performance management
- Serve as a key contact for employee inquiries concerning policies, procedures, benefits, employee programs and more
- Monitor, respond to and escalate emails from HR inbox to senior team members as necessary
- Maintain Company’s HRIS database (UKG) and perform employee transactions/changes including hires, promotions, terminations, etc.
- Enroll new hires and manage benefits plans, including but not limited to, health benefits, EAP and RPP
- Create and maintain employee files (electronic and paper)
- Liaise with Accounting, Payroll and Operations Managers as necessary regarding employee changes and payroll issues
- Maintain HR content on Intranet page and ensure updated content, documents and resources are reflected timely
- Assist with the company-wide communications involving wellness, training, health and safety, culture and engagement
- Review, track and document compliance with mandatory and non-mandatory training, continuing education and work assessments
- Create, review and update policies and procedures as necessary
- Create, manipulate, maintain, and analyze reports as needed
- Assist with other projects as may be required from time to time
- Bachelor’s degree or Associates Degree strongly preferred
- Minimum 2 years of HR experience
- Strong communication (verbal/written) and interpersonal skills
- Possess the ability to work with a high degree of confidentiality
- Able to demonstrate strong organizational skills
- Adaptable to fast-paced and quickly changing environment and work priorities
- Strong understanding of HRIS database design, structure, functions and processes
- Experience using UKG or other HRIS is considered an asset
- Intermediate skills in Word, Excel, Outlook
- Ability to speak French is an asset but not mandatory
Our Equal Opportunity Commitment
Avison Young practices as an equal opportunity employer in all services locations around the world. We are committed to building and maintaining a workforce diverse in experience, skills and knowledge with uniformity in service excellence, commitment and integrity.
The firm maintains a strict policy to ensure employment opportunities are equal and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, protected veteran or military service status, or any other elements protected by law.
For those requiring assistance with disabilities, information relating to the need for accommodation and accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
Avison Young is committed to employing the best talent with the most fair and equitable recruitment practices. Apply with us TODAY!
To apply for this job please visit canada-english-avisonyoung.icims.com.