You are a high achiever looking to thrive in a fast-paced environment. You take pride in your own work but are comfortable collaborating with a team of highly motivated individuals. You can communicate clearly and concisely with teammates and clients, and you enjoy strong company culture and camaraderie. You can navigate multiple corporate functions, including global lines of service and corporate centers of excellence. You possess strong interpersonal skills and are willing to take on diverse tasks to achieve the team’s common goal. You value personal and professional growth and are ready to take the next step in advancing your career.
If this sounds like you, well, then you will love the culture at Avison Young!
Avison Young is a global commercial real estate brokerage and advisory firm, offering transaction, management, financial and consulting services. We’ve designed our corporate structure to best serve our clients by enhancing collaboration across our organization.
Real estate can have an enormous positive impact on people’s lives – and we’re in the business of making spaces and places work better for people. Our purpose is to create real economic, social and environmental value as a global real estate advisor, powered by people.
We care about each other and we have each other’s backs. This makes Avison Young a great place to be a client, and a great place to work. We support the whole person and their complete wellness – economic, mental and physical – because what’s best for our business comes from our people bringing their whole selves to work.
Of course we love it here, but outsiders think we’re pretty great too: Avison Young was awarded the prestigious America’s Best Midsize Employers for 2022, presented by Forbes and Statista, Inc. We’re proud to be regularly recognized for our team, services and culture and our team members enjoy comprehensive compensation and benefit programs. Through our customized work options, we give our people the flexibility to create a work environment that puts their overall well-being first. After all, we are powered by people.
As a data engineer at Avison Young, you will take ownership of the development of our data pipelines, data infrastructure and Data warehousing. You will team up with technical and business stakeholders, advocate for a high-quality processes and data, and eliminate roadblocks. You’ll also enhance our collaborative environment by supporting the engineers on your team through mentorship and knowledge sharing.
In the role, you will partner cross functionally with Innovation, IT and Product. This role will be working on our organizations internal analytics database as well as client facing products that allow our revenue professions to tell the story of the market so you will be able to drive clear results that have a direct impact on our bottom line, and you will be responsible for achieving and exceeding business growth.
We are seeking data engineer to join our data architecture team. The main functions anticipated for this role include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Connecting new data sources to our Global Data Warehouse
- Working with Stakeholders and Providers to create new robust data pipelines using a range of tool sets
- Monitoring all areas of performance on our platforms
- Assisting with Modelling, ETL/ELT and all configuration of wide range of toolsets
- Securing all confidential configuration and documentation
This is a challenging, entrepreneurial position where the incumbent is expected to be self-motivated (with a very supportive team!) and work autonomously, while maintaining effective communication with the team and ensuring alignment with ‘big picture’ goals.
What we value in a data engineer
- Customer-focused: We believe that doing what’s right for the customer is ultimately what will drive our business forward.
- Obsessed with quality
- Team players. You believe that more can be achieved together. You listen to feedback and also provide supportive feedback to help others grow/improve.
- Fast learners: You love learning how to use new technologies and then rapidly apply them to new problems.
- Pragmatic: You know when it’s appropriate to take shortcuts that don’t sacrifice quality or maintainability.
- 2+ years of industry experience
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Strong knowledge of SQL
- ELT/ETL tools such as dbt, Airflow, Spark or other modern data engineering toolset
- Experience in implementation and supporting Data Warehouse models – particularly Data Vault and Kimball
- Experience with Docker and containerized development
- Programming experience in Python & use of tools such as GIT
- Cloud platforms experience is a plus (MS Azure and/or AWS/GCP)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Our Equal Opportunity Commitment
Avison Young practices as an equal opportunity employer in all services locations around the world. We are committed to building and maintaining a workforce diverse in experience, skills and knowledge with uniformity in service excellence, commitment and integrity.
The firm maintains a strict policy to ensure employment opportunities are equal and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, protected veteran or military service status, or any other elements protected by law.
For those requiring assistance with disabilities, information relating to the need for accommodation and accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
Avison Young is committed to employing the best talent with the most fair and equitable recruitment practices. Apply with us TODAY!
To apply for this job please visit canada-english-avisonyoung.icims.com.