Dear NAIOP GTA Members,
It is my pleasure to be serving as your 2023 President, alongside an outstanding group of professionals on the NAIOP GTA Board and a tremendous team of volunteers working hard to help deliver diverse programming, professional development, industry advocacy and networking opportunities to all our members and sponsor companies.
For the past couple of years, just like the rest of the world, NAIOP has had to adjust and adapted to the changing world around us. We have been and continue to be committed to providing value to our members and sponsor companies.
In 2023, the Board of Directors will focus on delivering programing that will help educate and develop our members, as well as provide opportunities for our members to grow their connections and networks.
We will ensure that diverse voices and perspectives from across our industry are at the center of all our programming, to help our members navigate the continuously changing industry dynamics.
We will create opportunities to bring together the real estate industry – from our most senior leaders to students that are looking to join the industry and everyone in between – to learn from each other, to celebrate each other, to provide mentorship and advocacy.
All the NAIOP committees, are hard at work putting together programming that will make 2023 an amazing experience for all our NAIOP members and sponsors.
Starting with our 2023 Economic and Real Estate Market Outlook breakfast, on February 7th. Get the inside track on what you need to know going into 2023 from an economic and real estate market perspective. Listen to key insights from North American thought leaders, including CBRE’s Global Client Strategist and Senior Economic Advisor, Spencer Levy (host of The Weekly Take podcast) and Eric Plesman, Senior Managing Director and Head of Global Real Estate at the Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan. Don’t miss the opportunity to hear these distinguished panelists discuss the global institutional perspective on current market trends and shaping strategy in today’s environment. You can still register online here!
We also want to thank our hardworking committees for all the planning they have already put in to 2023.
- Programs Committee, who is responsible for running our breakfast programming, our IDEA Exchange and our other diamond events that will be happening this year.
- Suburban Committee, in charge of running our suburban breakfast and tour event, alongside any other suburban programming that will be taking place in 2023.
- Developing Leaders Committee who will be running the lunch and learn programs, volleyball event, our development challenge, our mentorship programs, and other social events for our developing leader members.
- Government Relations Committee who will continue to work diligently alongside our GR consultants to address key issues that are important to our members and sponsor companies.
- Education Committee who runs all our CREST Certificate programming.
- Communications Committee who oversees our marketing and social media efforts.
- REX Committee who is hard at work planning our 2023 REX Awards – more information on this coming soon.
- Ski Day Committee who has put in a huge amount of work on our sold-out Ski Day event on February 10th.
- Networking Initiatives Committee who is managing our NAIOP Networks program (formerly Bubbles).
- Golf Tournament Committee who is hard at work planning our 2023 golf tournament, taking place this Spring!
- Sponsorship Committee who manages our 2023 Industry Partnerships.
- Membership Committee who manages monthly membership, reporting and strategy work.
Lastly, and most importantly, I would like to thank our 2023 sponsors for their continued support. Without them, the work we do at NAIOP to support our members and industry would not be possible.
I look forward to working closely with the 2023 Board of Directors, committee volunteers, the teams from Redstone and Campbell Strategies. Finally, I’m tremendously excited about having the opportunity to sever as your President in 2023 and to see you at our upcoming events!
2023 Greater Toronto Area NAIOP President